Thank you for downloading the App (as defined below). This document sets forth the terms and conditions that apply to your use of the App and the Documents (as defined below).
The key feature of the App is that it allows you to receive payment from certain brands (Brand Owners) or their agencies (Brand Agency) for creating original branded content and if requested, submitting posts on your Instagram account.
The App and the Services allow you to receive payment from the Brand Owners or Brand Agency for creating original branded content and if requested, submitting posts on your Instagram account.
You acknowledge that Instagram has not endorsed the App or any Services and that Instagram is not responsible for the App or any Services.
When you agree to participate in a Brand Owner's advertising campaign via the App or our Services:
As the contract which governs your participation in the Brand Owner's advertising campaign is between you and the Brand Owner and/or Brand Agency, we shall not be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise for any loss or damage you incur in connection with your participation in the Brand Owner's advertising campaign or as a result of the acts or omissions of the Brand Owner and/or Brand Agency (including, without limitation, the Brand Owner's objection to the posts you submit on Instagram which results in non-payment to you). If there is an issue with the Brand Owner and/or Brand Agency, including with respect to any Brand Owner product sent to you at your request, your rights are against the Brand Owner and/or Brand Agency.
Your contract with the Brand Owner and/or Brand Agency means that:
(b) you give to the Brand Owner (and/or to the Brand Agency for the benefit of the Brand Owner) the royalty-free, non-exclusive, permission to use your User Content in the Campaign or on any digital medium, including but not limited to:
There is no expiry date on this permission and you may not withdraw the permission for any reason.
Licensed User Content can be edited by the Brand Owner, however use of content as a logo (or part of a logo) requires an exclusive license. Further license rights can be acquired by the Brand Owner, either directly or via Takumi.
(c) if the Brand Owner or Brand Agency has any complaint about your activity or about your User Content then they can make that complaint directly against you.
We will pay you, for your successful participation in the Brand Owner's advertising campaign provided that:
Each post you submit that adheres to the above criteria is a Qualifying Post. The reward amount paid is specified on the campaign pages within the App. Qualified posts are paid into your designated bank account 48 business day hours after you post has fulfilled all relevant Qualifying post requirements.
All reward amounts include VAT (UK/EU) or Sales Tax (US).
You can withdraw funds from your Takumi wallet at any time. Any funds you withdraw will be credited to you by the payment method you select via the App.
You expressly authorise Takumi's service providers, Revolut Ltd., Dwolla Inc. and Adyen BV, to originate credit transfers to your financial institution account.
US-based creators that earn $600 or more in a calendar year will have to fill in a W9 form and Takumi will issue a 1099 as per the IRS’ guidelines.
The App requires an Apple iPhone 4S or any more recent model, internet access and the iOS 8 operating system or higher. You may also use the App on an Android device.
2. From time to time updates to the App may be issued by the Appstore (as defined below). Depending on the update, you may not be able to use the App or the Services until you have downloaded the latest version of the App and accepted any new terms.
4. The App or any Services may contain links to other independent third-party websites, including the Brand Owner's websites (Third-party Sites). Third-party Sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and do not endorse their content or their privacy policies (if any). You will need to make your own independent judgement regarding your interaction with any Third-party Sites, including the purchase and use of any products or services accessible through them.
5. This App and its related Services are intended only for use by those who are 18 years of age or older. If you are not 18 or older, you cannot use this App or any Services without the accompaniment and supervision of your parent or a legal guardian. If you are a parent or a legal guardian, you agree that you will monitor and supervise the use of this App and the Services by children, minors and others under your care, and you agree to be responsible for their use of this App and the Services. Any use of this App and the Services by persons under the age of 16 without parental consent can result in immediate termination of your use of this App and the Services.
8. You have no right to have access to the App in source-code form.
9. We license, and do not sell, the App or the Documents to you. We remain the owner of the App and the Documents.
12. You must ensure that:
Campaign rules may require you to make certain disclosures with respect to the content you post. YOU HEREBY AGREE THAT YOU WILL MAKE ALL SUCH DISCLOSURES AS REQUIRED IN ANY CAMPAIGN RULES AND WILL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD US HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS ARISING FROM YOUR FAILURE TO MAKE DISCLOSURES AS REQUIRED BY CAMPAIGN RULES OR AS REQUIRED BY LAW.
15. We also reserve the right at all times to disclose any information you submit to the App or any Service as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or government request.
16. As between you and us, we own, solely and exclusively, all intellectual property rights and all other rights, title and interest in and to the App, the App Content, the Documents and the Technology (including without limitation all the components (including, for example, audio, photographs, illustrations, graphics, other visuals, video, copy, text, software, titles, etc.), code, data and materials thereon, the look and feel, design and organization of the App, and the compilation of the content, code, data and materials on the App, including but not limited to any copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights, database rights, moral rights, sui generis rights and other intellectual property and proprietary rights therein). Your use of the App does not grant to you ownership of the App, the App Content, the Documents or the Technology or any content, code, data or materials you may access on or through the App. Unless otherwise noted, all non-submitted content included on the App, including images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, video clips, text and other material, is the property of Takumi or their suppliers, licensors, partners or affiliates and is protected by United Kingdom and international copyright laws. Any and all non-user submitted content on the App is either the property of Takumi or is used by us with the permission of its owner. The compilation of the App is the exclusive property of Takumi and is protected by United Kingdom and international copyright laws. You agree that you will not take any actions inconsistent with Takumi’s ownership of the App, the App Content, the Documents or the Technology.
18. Any unauthorized use of any content or materials on this App is strictly prohibited and may violate copyright and trademark laws, and/or the laws of privacy, publicity, and/or communications regulations and statutes.
19. Before you can make use of certain Services associated with this App, you must register with the App and create a user account by following the account setup process. You agree and warrant that all information you provide to us through this App, including but not limited to any contact information, registration information and payment information for your account, is truthful and accurate. You further agree to maintain the accuracy of your account information and to inform us promptly of any changes to your account information, including but not limited to any changes to your public-facing Instagram account details.
20. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account. You agree not to disclose your account password to others, and you agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account by sending us an email to email@example.com. We are neither responsible for nor liable, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise for any loss, damage or other injury that you may incur as a result of someone else using your user account or password, either with or without your knowledge.
21. You are expressly prohibited from selling, trading, or transferring your account (including but not limited to, selling, trading or transferring account details associated with such account).
22. Takumi allows users to post or upload materials to the App or to our servers. You understand that all information, communications, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, images, videos, messages or other materials posted or uploaded to the App or our servers ("User Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such User Content originated. This means that you, and not Takumi, are entirely responsible for all User Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available through the App or any associated Services. Nothing in the definition of User Content is intended or should be construed to include your creative content created pursuant to or in connection with any separate agreements you have with Takumi. This clause and the provisions related thereto are intended only to cover materials that are uploaded to the App, including but not limited to, images, videos, messages, comments, and other such items.
23. Each App user shall be provided access to their own Brand Owner advertising campaign feed featuring curated campaigns and tailored to each user. Users will not be permitted to see such information for third party users of the App or unrelated accounts not owned or controlled by user.
24. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all the rights to any User Content that you upload, transmit or otherwise make available through the App; that use of the User Content you provide does not violate the intellectual property rights or any other rights of any third parties, and that use of the User Content you provide will not cause injury to any person or entity. In line with, and without limiting, the foregoing, you specifically agree that you will not: (a) provide any User Content that is unlawful or any User Content that advocates illegal activity; (b) provide any User Content that is defamatory, false or libelous, or that contains unlawful, harmful, threatening, harassing, discriminatory, abusive, profane, pornographic or obscene material; (c) provide any User Content that you do not have a right to provide under law or under a contractual or fiduciary relationship; (d) provide content of minors where parental consent has not been given; (e) provide content of minors where the minor is not fully aware of the potential Brand Owner’s use of the content under Takumi’s license terms; (f) provide any User Content that contains software viruses or other harmful devices; or (g) impersonate any other person or entity or forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any User Content you provide.
25. By participating in the Brand Owner's advertising campaigns on the Takumi App you grant the Brand Owner (and/or to the Brand Agency for the benefit of the Brand Owner) a royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable licence to use the User Content on all digital channels, including but not limited to; social media accounts, as organic or sponsored posts, websites and as part of e-mail marketing. Any further use of your User Content will have to be agreed between you and the Brand Owner. There is no expiry date on this permission and you may not withdraw the permission for any reason.
26. Certain Brand Owner advertising campaigns include free or discounted products or experiences that are essential to participate in the campaign. In cases where Users opt-in to these campaign opportunities, get free or discounted products or experiences, but subsequently drop-out of the campaign or fail to meet the campaign rules, Users are required to return products or refund Takumi the full value of the product or experience received.
27. It is not practicable for us to monitor and check all User Content. Therefore, you understand that by using the App and the Services, you may be exposed to User Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will Takumi be liable in any way, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise for any User Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any User Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any User Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the App or any Service.
28. The opinions expressed in postings or other User Content on this App or any Service are not necessarily those of Takumi or its content providers, advertisers, sponsors, affiliated or related entities. We make no representations or warranties regarding any information or opinions posted to or otherwise included on or transmitted though the App or any Service. We do not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any User Content or determine whether the User Content violates the rights of others. You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted by other users will be at your own risk.
29. We are not obligated to regularly review, monitor, delete or edit the User Content of the App as submitted by users. However, we reserve the right to do so at any time and at our sole discretion, for any reason or no reason, and to edit or delete any posting or submission, in whole or in part, with or without notice. We are not responsible or liable, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise for damages of any kind arising from any User Content , or from our alteration or deletion of any User Content, even when we are advised of the possibility of such damages.
IN ALL CASES, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW:
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE APP HAS NOT BEEN DEVELOPED TO MEET YOUR INDIVIDUAL REQUIREMENTS, AND THAT IT IS THEREFORE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT THE FACILITIES AND FUNCTIONS OF THE APP AS DESCRIBED IN THE DOCUMENTS MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS.
WE ONLY SUPPLY THE APP AND DOCUMENTS FOR DOMESTIC AND PRIVATE USE. YOU AGREE NOT TO USE THE APP AND DOCUMENTS FOR ANY COMMERCIAL, BUSINESS OR RESALE PURPOSES, AND WE HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSS OF BUSINESS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY.
33. THE FOLLOWING TERMS APPLY TO AMERICAN CREATORS:
34. THE FOLLOWING TERMS APPLY TO AMERICAN CREATORS:
By using the App and the Takumi Services, you agree not to disclose any confidential information shared with you in the App. Confidential Information includes but is not limited to: All Campaign Materials including Brand Names and product details, Campaign Offers and Platform Content.
The Campaign Materials shall be part of the Brand Owner's Confidential Information.
The Intellectual Property Rights in the Platform and the Platform Content shall be part of Takumi International's Confidential Information.
38. Takumi respects the intellectual property rights of third parties, and complies with all applicable laws regarding such rights. Takumi reserves the right to remove access to infringing material posted to its App. Such actions do not affect or modify any other rights Takumi may have under law or contract.
You should consult with your own lawyer and/or see 17 U.S.C. § 512 to confirm your obligations to provide a valid notice of claimed infringement.
[a]ny person who knowingly materially misrepresents under [Section 512 of the Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512)] (1) that material or activity is infringing, or (2) that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification, will be liable for any damages, including costs and attorneys’ fees, incurred by the alleged infringer, by any copyright owner or copyright owner’s authorized licensee, or by a service provider, who is injured by such misrepresentation, as the result of [Takumi] relying upon such misrepresentation in removing or disabling access to the material or activity claimed to be infringing, or in replacing the removed material or ceasing to disable access to it.
17 U.S.C. § 512(f).
Takumi reserves the right to seek damages from any party that submits a Notification of Claimed Infringement or Counter Notification in violation of the law.
For clarity, and notwithstanding anything in this clause 38 to the contrary, Takumi in its sole discretion may (but has no obligation to) disclose publicly any and all Notices of Claimed Infringement and Counter Notifications.
42. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding these terms and conditions, please contact us at Takumi International Ltd, 91 Wimpole St, London W1G 0EF, UK or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
43. If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so be e-mail or pre-paid post to the e-mail address or postal address you provided when you requested the App.
44. The Campaign Brief will contain full legal details of the Brand Owner or Brand Agency and the means of contacting the relevant people within those organisations.
45. With respect to non-American Creators, this agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this agreement or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
With respect to American Creators, this agreement is governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of New York without respect to its conflict of laws provisions. With respect to claims not governed by clause 20 above, each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal or state courts located in New York County, New York.
46. Your legal contract with the Brand Owner and/or Brand Agency is governed by English Law and the courts of England and Wales. If either you or the Brand Owner and/or Brand Agency have any complaints against each other then those complaints may be effected directly between the relevant parties and not via Takumi.
Effective: Dec 10, 2019