2018… what a busy year! It’s been our best year to date — great campaigns, amazing influencers and a strong team! We’ve enjoyed every moment of it! Here’s what we’ve been up to and just some of the many highlights….
1.partnership: Influencer fraud dominated the headlines in 2018 and there was an urge for the industry to help rebuild trust in the sector. Earlier on this year, we joined with Instagram analytics provider HypeAuditor to further strengthen defences against influencer fraud to successful influencer marketing.
2. Scrapping follower numbers for guaranteed impressions: Following our HypeAuditor partnership we were one of the first influencer marketing platforms to focus on exact results over potential reach in a bid to improve transparency and fight fraud. This was a big shift in how we evaluated influencers for brand campaigns. Since the announcement we’ve run several campaigns with clients who are joining us in the shift.
3. The Influencer Index: In August, we partnered with YouGov to understand how influencer marketing affects consumers and marketers, and what the future looks like for influencer marketing. We found out that one in ten marketers will spend more than £100,000 on influencers in 2018 and one in four marketers favour influencers over traditional advertising. If you missed it, you can download the whitepaper to read more.
4. Takumi Turns Three: In November, we celebrated our third anniversary 🎂, over the three years we have worked with…750+ brands and 15K+ influencers, run 1,900+ campaigns and posted 31K+ pieces of content. Thank you to everyone for being part of the Takumi journey!
5. Our influencers and clients: It has been a pleasure working with you this year, look forward to many more campaigns to come! Kind words from…
@stephyttravels “Takumi has some amazing brands onboard that make me proud to create content for and associate my name with. I have recommended Takumi to SO many friends because I believe it is one of the best apps out there!”
@londoncoffeeshops “Takumi has given me the opportunity to work with some great brands. If I have any questions on the campaign the Takumi staff are always prompt at responding to my queries. Takumi is one of the best influencers marketing services I’ve ever worked with.”
QVC: “Takumi allows us to reach a wide audience with ease, they are constantly updating the platform to add new features to keep our content relevant. The team at Takumi are great, very helpful and full of ideas.”
6. Events: We were privileged to speak at some industry events about influencer marketing; discussing topics around fraud, trust, measurement and future trends. Some of the events included:
In October, Advertising Week New York — our CEO Solberg Auðunsson spoke about influencer fraud and how to eliminate the waste.
In November, MAD//FEST London — our CRO Adam Williams highlighted how brands can benefit from taking a customer-centric approach to influencer marketing.
We attended Social Media Week London in November and sat on roundtable discussions focused on influencer marketing, we heard so many varied views and experiences from all sides of the industry.
7. Influencer 50: Our CEO Solberg Auðunsson featured in the 2018 #Influencer50 list — “Always ahead of the game, he makes efforts to educate the broader industry on all aspects of influencer marketing.” Thanks for the acknowledgement Talking Influence!
8. Britain’s Fastest-Growing Businesses: We were very proud to be part of this year’s “Top 100: Britain’s Fastest-Growing Businesses” report, at position 57. The report compiled by independent research agency Beauhurst and SyndicateRoom identified the Top 100 companies that have increased in value the most since 2015.
9. German Curriculum: We were honoured to be referenced in an official German 9th Grade schoolbook. Our Head of Sales Chris Jungjohann’s guest post for marketing / trade publication — HORIZONT Online on the importance of Instagram signposting has been cited.
10. Industry awards nominations: We were really honoured to be shortlisted for three awards at Digiday Marketing and Adverti
sing Awards and The Drum Social Buzz Awards for our work with Kelloggs — sadly no awards but 2019 will be our year!
11. Influencer Christmas party: We ended the year celebrating the great influencer work with a party co-hosted with Smashbox Cosmetics — an evening filled with makeup, music, bubbles and a festive photoshoot.
12. Lastly…. The Takumi team: Couldn’t have done this year without everyone across our four offices!! Thank you!!