2019. What a busy one. Another great year to date — award-winning campaigns, amazing new hires, company expansion and most importantly our influencers! We’ve enjoyed every moment of it! Here’s what we’ve been up to and just some of the many highlights to reflect on….
- Multi-market expansion 🌎. In June we expanded our offering into five new markets: France, Spain, Italy, Austria and Switzerland; growing our presence to a total of eight markets including UK, Germany, and the U.S. To date we’ve launched multi-market campaigns for clients such as Bombay Sapphire, BaByliss, Primark… Stay tuned for more new market launches in 2020!
- Ogilvy UK’s global influencer marketing partner of choice. To continue our global footprint growth, we are delighted to be a partner of Ogilvy UK, executing localised campaigns with influencers at scale in multiple languages. This exciting collaboration allows for brands to harness the power of influence globally and effectively.
- Industry awards 🏆🏆. We are really honoured to have won 4 x awards and finalists for 2 x awards — not bad this year! Well done team!
Influencer Marketing Awards
- Gold — Best relationship management tool: Visa — Cross Border Influencer Activation
- Silver — Best Food and Drink: Ribena — ‘It’s so Ribenary’
- Silver — Best campaign planning and management tool: Visa — Cross Border Influencer Activation
- Finalist — Best Large Influencer Marketing Agency
Cannes Lions: ‘Save The Flight’ campaign, led by Ogilvy with the support by Takumi executing the influencer marketing element
Performance Marketing Awards: Finalist — Best Influencer Marketing Campaign: Visa — Cross Border Influencer Activation
4. The Board. Following a period of rapid growth for the company, we announced three new appointments to our non-executive board of directors: Mary Keane-Dawson, Sarah Speaker and Rob Forshaw. The heavyweight additions are supporting the global management team to propel the company’s vision and global expansion plan. We’re excited about the work to come!
5. ‘Trust, transactions and trendsetters: the realities of influencer marketing’. In September we published a global study revealing what consumers, marketers and influencers really think of the influencer marketing industry. We found that there were tensions around creative control and the briefing process, but overall consumer trust in influencers is high. However, two thirds (62%) of consumers will unfollow an influencer if they incorrectly label posts. If you missed it, you can download the whitepaper to read more.
6. Takumi Turns Four 🎂🎂. In November, we celebrated our fourth anniversary. It’s been a busy one! Thank you to everyone for being part of the Takumi journey!
7. Our influencers and clients. It has been a pleasure working with you this year, look forward to many more campaigns to come! Kind words from…
Revlon: “Never fail to disappoint. We produce best in class content via Takumi that is used on a global scale.”
Primark: “Takumi always deliver my campaigns to a super high level. I can trust my key launches with Takumi safe in the knowledge that the execution will be of superior quality.”
@gavinmcready: “It’s the easiest platform to use, great to work with and briefs that are simple and clear.”
@tillyjaynek: “I think T
akumi is a great app for influencers, it’s much better than some of the other apps where you’re expected to buy the product and create content before being accepted. I like how Takumi works, it’s easy to use and the campaigns are always fun.”
8. Events. We’ve been all around the UK, US and Germany speaking at industry events, in total we’ve executed 47 events discussing topics around fraud, trust, creativity, measurement and future trends.
9. Meetups. We held our first round of influencer meetups across the globe. We invited influencers we have worked with on various campaigns and from different verticals to have a relaxed evening and chat about industry events and trends. Most importantly, it was vital for us to just listen to what they had to say. The big theme was AUTHENTICITY. In a digital world, it is easy to eradicate real connections with human beings. Creators expressed their concerns about the loss of real human interactions. A more personalised and humane experience in today’s digital world would be highly appreciated — whether it is with the companies they work with or their audience.
10. Industry recognition👏👏. Thrilled to see both our CEO and Global Head of Campaigns feature as key players in the influencer marketing industry.
🎉 🎉 Congratulations to our CEO Adam Williams for making it on ‘The 100 most influential people in influencer marketing’ list by Influence Weekly. An amazing accolade to be featured alongside the likes of Instagram’s Adam Mosseri, YouTube’s Susan Wojcicki and also the Kardashian’s — Kylie & Kim!!
🎉 🎉 Our Global Head of Campaigns Stephanie Chaplin featured as a ‘One to Watch’ on Talking Influence #Influencer50 of the Top 50 industry players in influencer marketing from 2019. We’re super proud of the great achievements Steph has taken to drive her team and influence the industry.
11. Takumi in the news 🗞️🗞️. Takumi has been busy in the press, generating 205 pieces of global coverage this year ranging from national news, trade, TV, radio, podcast, print/online. Our spokespeople have been providing expert opinion and thought leadership content on all thing’s influencer marketing!
12. New Takumi’s 👋👋. In the past 12 months, we’ve hired 13 new Takumi’s across all of our offices and moved into a new London HQ.
Lastly…. The Takumi team. Couldn’t have done this year without everyone across all of our offices!! Thank you for an amazing year and here’s to 2020!! 🥳🥳”,